Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Dried Caterpillars......

Hey family,
I am doing great over here.  I will try to answer all the questions but forgive me if I miss a couple.  Soccer with the natives was amazing and no I did not get schooled, I actually excelled against them. I was pretty happy.  My companion told me I was the first white guy who knew the game as well as he did.  The picture thing is not working out too well here, so I will try to send as many as I can next time.  I did not believe the slamming the door in our faces thing till I got here.  It is a real thing!  The people are friendly once you get here and get to know them.  I have had some rough experiences, one with some drunks, one of them grabbed my wrist the other day and if I hadn't been with a companion that drunk would be severely beaten haha. (scary).  I have enough American money and the native money is to use to buy things. The American money we have, has to be exchanged and there is only one place in town to do this.  I say the food is scarce because I am use to eating 5-6 meals a day not 2-3 haha.  I dont have any baptisms yet but I have a lot of investagators.  My companion is awesome.  he is funny and a pretty good soccer player.  He is from Uganda and plays all the time. 
They eat dried caterpillars down here and the taste is definitely new. haha.  We do eat with members but not a whole lot.  I wish I could have some real meat though the meat down here really sucks,  I am not going to lie.  The chicken tastes like rubber here.  Yes it is very hot here still, all my shirts have a nice sweat ring around them.  The clothes washing is hard because it is all by hand, no machine.  I am not use to washing by hand but I will get use to it.  I am just walking everywhere and it is really a lot of walking.  I am hoping the winter months come a little faster but we shall see.  I dont write a lot but I am sure I will have more stories as I get into the mission more.  I am loving it though it is really fun and I am glad I am here.  Oh the SPIDERS ARE HUGE!!!!!!! like no joke. Love all of you!

Love Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment