Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Still Holding Strong...


Hey Family,

Well another week down and I am still holding strong.  I will admit I get a little home sick at nights when we are eating dinner and there is nothing else to do, but the work is awesome.  I hope this email will answer all the questions that you guys have asked me but If not I will try to do better next time.  The heat is still killer down here and my companion every night pulls this heavy blanket over him and I look at him and think how do you people do that.  I can honestly say I want the cold back.  Hand washing our clothes sucks very much and I am not going to ever be used to doing it.  haha.  I have made pancakes a lot this week and my companion really likes them.  The only problem is the syrup down here sucks so I eat mine plain.  I am still taking the malaria pills religiously so I hope I can stay healthy.  Yes mom I am taking care of all my personal hygiene stuff so don’t worry haha.  Tell Grandpa Welling happy birthday for me wish I could have been there to help celebrate.  I don’t know where the email went that I got from Sister Falco, but my companion does know Carly and he is excited to see her when she gets here.  Prom looks fun and nice photo of Dad and Katie. btw.  Hope conference was good and you all enjoyed it.  I don’t get to watch it here for 2 more weeks.  
It is nice to hear from everybody at home and I have learned to type really fast so the more the better.  I have been able to answer about 30 emails in an hour and a half, so keep them coming.  I still like my companion he is awesome and we are doing well.  People down here know the bible like the back of their hands and the work is getting tough because of it.  I hope you guys have a good week and I will talk to you guys later I love and miss all of you.  Also as you can see I don’t talk much haha


Elder Welling 



No comments:

Post a Comment