Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Teaching Goes On...

Hello Family!!

How is all going?  That is pretty cool that Bekka is going on a mission and yes she sent me an email about it!!  She will do great and all that will be going down!!  It is pretty cool I have been talking to Jeffery for a while we have been communicating so it is awesome!!  I am still in contact with my friends the only ones I have not heard from is Chase and Tyler!!!  I was also wondering if you could ask Heather Johnson for Matthews email and tell her that I am going to write him, thanks!!  I have two weeks left of training and then I might be able to train others, which will be fun to throw the greeny into fun situations haha!!  Anyway I will try and get some pics off to you before my time expires!!

I miss playing sports everyday but I am getting used to it!!  One story from this week is, my companion and I about two days ago were out tracting and were heading to an appointment, Well when we got there we saw our investigator with a JW!!  So we walked in sat down got our bibles out and told him we are here to learn too!!  Well he finished and then we thought he would leave so we could correct his doctrine!!  He insisted on sticking around so we started teaching!!  We made it through the whole lesson and at the end he said I HAVE A QUESTION?  Both me and my companion looked at each other and said " oh boy here we go"  Well the discussion lasted 3 and a half hours but we stopped him in his tracks answered all his questions and even gave him something to think about as he walked out the door haha!!  After that we corrected the investigator and we were ready to meet another JW!!  It was fun!!!!   On another note I have that scripture you tried to quote marked in my scriptures.  I found it after a month on my mission it is in D&C I think I will have to look but it is a great scripture!!!  It says “whoever shall search for his life shall lose it, but whoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it!!!"  It was a cool scripture!!!  The work is progressing and it is moving very well!!  I am enjoying the mission even though it is tough!!  That is cool that there were basketball games there I hope that all is good Nate said someone broke the backboard haha!! 

I hope everything is going good there as you all say it is!!  I am not sure when father’s day is but happy father’s day to dad if it was last week or the week to come!!  I am not going to write a huge letter this week instead I am going to end it here and try and get some pics to you!!!  Love you all and I can’t wait to hear from you next week, Thanks Mom for your quotes they are really uplifting!!!  


Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment