Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, May 26, 2014

After 8 Weeks Package Arrives..

Hey Family,

I am doing well here in Africa and I am loving it here!!  I am also learning a lot ever since I got here and got into the scriptures a lot more, it has been very interesting!!  I am picking things out of the Book of Mormon that I never have before!!  It is awesome!!  I want to quickly say that I know I need to focus all my attention on the mission!!  I am doing that during the day but as soon as we hit the place where we stay it is hard to hold it all back because when we hit the flat we do our study and then we have time to sit and talk!!  Believe me it is darn near impossible to just put those feelings aside!!  So far every missionary that i have talked to struggles with the same thing!!  Anyway Thanks for the picture of the ribs my mouth is watering right now!!

The meat down here sucks!!  My companion likes to buy meat from the street venders and to be honest it really scares me when he does that because the meat looks terrible!!  Anyway I don’t have too many stories this week other than it was interesting we ran into a couple of drunkards that we taught because they insisted or we wouldn’t have been able to leave!!  It is hard teaching someone who is drunk especially when they have that glossy eye look and things take forever to register in their minds!!  The general authority was awesome his name is Elder Hamilton!!  He taught us about the things missionaries struggle with and helped us figure them out!!  

I am about to finish my training and could possibly start training others here shortly so it is weird!!  It seems like time is going slow and at other times it fly’s so it is really weird!!  Mission life is hard but it goes on and everything works!!  It is weird I go to bed tired and I wake up tired even after I get the required amount of sleep!!  The package came and I think everything was there I got the spices and the rice packages and the brownies and all that!!  I figured out a fact though if you send a package send the tracking number to Elder and Sister Skidmore, like someone did and they can go get it from the postal service instead of waiting for them to deliver it!!

By the way the package that was sent the brownies and the granola bars are about gone and we are working on all the little things in there as well!!  If I can make a suggestion next package lots of those brownies and granola bars and maybe some Oreos and sour patch!!  I am going to say that after this package if you send a birthday package and a Christmas one, don’t send anything that is not edible that will save money and I can use the money that is saved on me for when I get back!!  Thank you for the JW stuff I think it will help haha and I will memorize these things to help me and my companion!!  Anyway this is more than I usually write but grandma wanted a book so!!  Anyway have a good week and Memorial Day I’ll talk to you next week love you all!!!


Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment