Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Winter is in Full Swing...

Hello Family!!

I am doing well and Africa is still awesome!!  I still am scared of the drivers here they are crazy and half of them look like they are drunk all the time!!  I will say nice truck wish I had one!!  haha That is good though at least you have a nice one that works and has a four wheel drive in it!!  I got the vitamins and I am using them so it is all good!!  No we do not have a car we are still walking everywhere which really sucks!!  Sounds like a crazy week there but I am glad all is going well!!  The winter month is now in full swing and it feels awesome although people look at me like I am crazy!!  These people down here are all bundled up and ready for a blizzard!!!! haha But I walk outside in the short sleeve shirt and tie so it is quite funny!!!

I hear that Nathan, Kaden and Caleb are all still doing well in soccer and from the looks of it they are all going to be just as good as me or better at soccer!!  I am still playing soccer here and I am getting a whole lot better at soccer here!!  It is fun and I surprised some of the new elders at how well I could play!!  I have yet to find a missionary though that can match my level of basketball so far they all are about the level of Kaden so it isn’t to fun to play basketball here!!  It is also weird for the professional basketball players down here who make a lot of money!!  They are not any better than Nathan, so i am, thinking I will come down here to play ball for a career!!! haha

Anyway It is fun down here and even though homesickness is there I am enjoying every second of it!!  Plus all the knowledge that I am gaining!!  I see the scriptures now at a whole different perspective so it is awesome!!! I am determined to get photos on this week so I am going to!!  Have a good week family I am excited to hear from you guys next week!!!  Love you all!!!!


Elder Welling 

No comments:

Post a Comment