Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Transfer and Random Pictures...

Hey Family

It is good to hear from you and for the emails!! I am glad you were able to have a great new years and things!! First and foremost Yes I think I remember him he was my favorite bus driver when I was small!! I also know the lady he is speaking of she is the mother to the branch President that was in Libala branch before the one now days!! So I did know her and her son really well!! That is cool that he served here for that long it must have been hard for him though back in those days this place was hard to teach!! But it is pretty cool now days!! Oh and I should tell you I am no longer in Lusaka I got transferred on Saturday to copper belt!! Ndola is the town that I am in it is really small and full of trees!!

The branch has maybe 25 members that come and we meet in a meeting house so it is weird!! I went from a chapel to a small home!! The fireworks on new years were not as good as in Evanston but they were here and I enjoyed listening to them!! Also I am still a District Leader here in this town so it is still going!! I got all new people but the weird thing is all the missionaries here in the district besides 2 are older than me on mission!!! It is nice to be in a new area though I feel like I have received a new energy to do even more than before so it is nice!! The new comp is named Elder Moya he was my Zone leader for a while and now I am his District Leader so it is also weird!!

New Year’s there sounds like it was pretty fun too bad I was not there!! Especially the poker game and the candy bar game those are two of my favorite!! I think I could have won if I was there haha Mom was telling me about the cold weather there and it is too bad I would like to be able to use some of that here!! If I brought that here I would enjoy but people here would die!! We didn’t really do anything on New Year’s eve in fact I was in bed by 11 which is weird for me but I didn’t even stay awake for the new year to come in and then the next day we went out to teach so it doesn’t even feel like the new year has even started!!

Well things are starting to speed up here especially time so it is going very fast which is good!! I don’t know if I will but I need you, Dad to look into the international driver’s license and see if you need to go and renew it because if they put me as a zone leader anytime soon I will need to have that ready to go!! Other than this things are going really smooth I have the pics downloaded to drop box you can get them off of there now!! Um Other than that I am still enjoying mission and I am learning a lot here the knowledge continues to grow and get better and better!! It is awesome!! Anyway I hope that you all will have a good week and a great Monday!! Love you all talk to you next week!!!

Elder Welling






















No comments:

Post a Comment