Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Flooding and Elections....

Hey Family,

So things are going pretty good here and all is well!!  So to talk about the flooding first it has been crazy to hear about all the stuff that is going on down in Malawi and for the deaths and homeless it is crazy!!  I am not sure what the mission is doing about it because they really haven’t told us much I heard about all this from the locals and even some of the missionaries!!  I am pretty sure they are keeping the missionaries there for a purpose because none of them have come to Zambia yet!!  So the new area is pretty good and no the market is a bunch of wooden stands with thousands of people walking around and looking at things!!  It is pretty funny because me and this other elder in my district are the only white people to ever walk through it so we get a lot of people just staring at us as we walk by!!

This week has been good and we are teaching a lot of people still!!  We hope to have a few more for baptism in the upcoming weeks!!  It will be nice if they can!!  The area is big but not as active as Lusaka!!  So it is pretty weird!!  The flooding here is not as bad as the one in Malawi but there is flooding here and it is a lot of water!!  Sometimes the water reaches the knee almost and that is just in the roads that doesn’t even count for the sides of the roads!!  It rains a lot here and yes it is normal in the rainy season to get this much rain!!  I was not here last year but this year even the rainy season has been little which means I probably don’t want to be here for when the rainy season is in its fullest!!  

This week will be a little slow though because there is elections for the new president this week and because of all the protests and rallies and things we won’t get out till probably Thursday or even Friday!!!  I am not sure what I am going to do because it will be pretty boring in the flat!!  We will see how it goes though!!  Anyway the bathroom looks a lot different and in fact it looks as though it is in a new house haha!!  It is going to be a little weird getting back and seeing it again!!  I also think it is cool that the teams were able to beat all the Jackson teams!!  I am a little jealous that you were able to go to see the elk and go to Bubbas!!  I like that place and I like Jackson in general!!  

Anyway I am glad things are going well and everyone is enjoying there!!  I heard that Caleb is a little Michael Jordan which is funny but I would love to watch him play haha!!  I hope that everyone is going to have a good week and a great Monday Love you all!!!!


Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment