Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, December 1, 2014

Great Week and More Baptisms...

Hello Family,

I am doing well and things are going really well here in the African continent!!  The past week has been really fun and exciting and the birthday was fun i did a lot of things and had a really fun time!!  We first got to email everyone and then we went to lunch at this nice American restaurant which was awesome! After that we went and played soccer and had a lot of fun with that i scored 4 times so it was pretty cool!!  After that we went to a nice restaurant called Nandos which was way fun!!  That was at least pretty fun and my comp had a lot of fun too!!  Thanksgiving was pretty cool and we had a lot of food thanks to the mission!!  It was really nice if my drop box will load everything before I get off the pics will be there!!  There were a lot of missionaries there and it turned out really well but it wasn’t like home at all!!  The new comp is pretty good he is from Uganda his name is Elder Mukisa he is older than me on mission so it is quite interesting!!  We also had two baptisms this week which were good and went really well!!  The taller one is named Selina Moomba and the younger one is named Ruth Lisita they are both really good investigators and they progressed really well!!  

Yes I am still writing in the journals and doing all that fun stuff!!  Being District Leader is going and is pretty good we will see how it goes as time goes on!!  Well the good thing is they do celebrate Christmas this side and it is pretty nice to see some what of Christmas decorations in town!!  The only thing missing is the snow that is supposed to be all over the ground!!  I wish there was a lot more than I can see haha!!  There are not many trees that are up but I am hoping that at least the mission will have something for us when the time comes!!  It is pretty weird living with three black people in the house I am the only white one there!!  They are all from the same country too so it is really weird but I am getting used to it!!  It is starting to cool off here which is really nice and it feels a lot nicer to be out in the area now!!  The clothes are doing well and are still going strong!!

For Christmas the mission gives us a free hour of time to call so I can definitely call both sets of grandparents and great grandma I just need the number for great grandma!!  I will just have to buy a little extra time meaning I might only get about 15 min with each set and then also 15 with great grandma!!  So that will be how that will have to go!!  Other than that I am excited for Christmas here!!  The packages are here and I have them it didn’t look like they were opened deliberately but there were some openings!!  I don’t think that there was anything missing though!!  Thank you for the baptismal clothes and all the other things that were in there!!  I didn’t open any of the wrapped things, but the stockings are awesome thank you!!  Also for the food it was awesome to see all the nice food and it is good!!  Anyway thank you again and have a great week to everyone the pics will be in the drop box hopefully!!  Love you all and have a great week!!!!  I’ll talk to you all next week!!


Elder Welling


















No comments:

Post a Comment