Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Rain and a New Snack....

Hello Family,

So this week has been really crazy and up and down!!  So there was not much work done this week due to meetings and parties and a lot of things that are going around!!  So this week we went to a brai with the elders quorum where we ate steak and sausage it was really good and us missionaries were the cooks!!  It was pretty fun and at the same time we were able to finally watch the priesthood session of conference!!  It was also really good!!  Then after that we got hammered with rain and I mean it felt like we were in a hurricane!!  It lasted about an hour and a half with the fierce winds and rains and then turned to normal rain for the rest of the day!!  I need a canoe to get out of my flat!!  After that the next crazy story of the week that some of you may find gross is this:  I woke up one of the mornings to go and do the morning routines!!  Well I walked out of my room and found these little things flying all over the bathroom and in the water and in all places!!  Well I wondered what was going on so I looked out the window where the source was and i could not even see the ground there was so many bugs!!  Well I thought it was gross now I stay with three Ugandans so I go and wake them up and told them to come and look!!  Well when they get out to where I had said, I expected them to do something different than they did!!  Well they walked out and started to gather them like they were gold and to my surprise I was a little freaked out thinking these guys are drunk or something!!  Well one goes in and grabs a pot and fills it with water after they start to throw these stupid things in and soak them after gathering them all and picking the pan up they walked past me into the kitchen and I looked at them and said " You have got to be kidding me "  Well they started to cook them and it was pretty disgusting but they were doing it with the biggest smiles I have seen in a while!!  Well they finished them and I actually ate them they are actually quite good with salt!!  haha it was a pretty interesting morning!!  They are called white ants they come from termites!!  hahaha  Anyway those are the crazy stories here!!

There was a transfer but I did not move neither did my companion they just gave me one on top of the one that I already have!!  His name is Elder Ouma he was the companion to the one that left today!!  Christmas is pretty different here though there are no lights all over the place and there is no tree anywhere!!  It looks like a normal month here in Lusaka!  The companions are still really cool and we are enjoying the work!!  Baptisms will hopefully be coming up in the next couple of weeks so we shall see where it goes!!  Oh and I tried the chili recipe that you sent me and it was really good we even fed the Zone leaders too!!  It went like crazy the pot was finished in 45 min and everyone had two or three bowls of it!!  I thought it went well!!  The smoked turkey breast sounds awesome it is too bad that I was not able to be there to have some I enjoy that stuff!!  Our branch Christmas party will be on the 20th so we will see how it will go when that gets here this week!!!  

When I was in the car earlier today with the Mission President he said that I wouldn’t be in the area much longer so I was not sure what he meant or how much time I actually have but we will see what happens with transfers!!  Also I uploaded some pics onto drop box this week I think you might find them a little weird but fun at the same time!!  They also include the tasty snack that I have told you about!!  Other than all this things are going well and it is nice to hear from you all!!  Have a great week and enjoy all the sports!!  Love you all!!


Elder Welling
























No comments:

Post a Comment