Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, December 8, 2014

All Is Well....

Hello Family,

Well the week here has been pretty good and it went really well!!  We have been doing a lot this week and it has gone by pretty fast!!  I have been with the new comp for a bit now and he is pretty cool!!  He is a lot like Mwambu and is really smart in pertaining to the things of the gospel so he is really fun to teach with!!  We have taught a lot of people this week so it has been fun!!  Transfers are coming up and I think that possibly I might be transferred but I will see when it comes!!  We confirmed the two people we baptized yesterday and it was awesome!!  We might even be getting a couple more to baptism in the next couple of weeks and it will be awesome!!  The house that i am in is pretty crazy for all the Ugandans that are there!!  With Elder Ford he just was transferred to a different area and is doing well I still get to see him every Monday!!  He is also with a Ugandan i think so it is pretty funny!!  Other than this the new companion is pretty good and I am enjoying being with him!!

The Christmas package I have figured out and I am waiting for the other one to come in!  The weather here is still pretty hot and it has not rained here at all even though people keep telling me it is supposed to rain!!  The weather is killing all of us who usually like cold weather but we are getting used to it!!  Soccer here is still really fun and we are all enjoying on Mondays when we get to play!!  I am hoping this Monday will be like the last one I was able to score nine goals last time and it was fun.  I am hoping today will be the same!! There is not a lot going on that there is to talk about!!  Time is flying and it is weird to think that just a little over 2 months and I will be a year over with!!  It is definitely weird to think about!!  I didn’t take a lot of pics last week but i will be taking a few with people this week because i feel like i might be transferred so next week I’ll have some more pics!!  

Christmas there sound like it will be going ok other than the scarcity of snow!!  The new tree that was mentioned is weird because the other one we had is the one we have had ever since I can remember!!  So it is different to think of one that is only white lighted!!  That is also cool that bball was finally able to start and get going for all of them i am sure they will be enjoying as time goes on!!  I also heard that you were able to go down and see the light at temple square I am sure that was really fun and exciting!!  I miss being able to do that and eating at upchuck hahaha still a great restaurant!!  I think I will be calling sometime around 3 or 4 which is about 7-8 your time i think!!  I am not quite sure but i can say it will be morning there when I call so we shall see!!  

So funny story before I get off my former companion just informed me that he about died in the other area which is kind of funny!!  They were in a combie or one of those crazy mini buses and apparently a drunk driver in a bigger truck about t-boned them haha well I find it funny because the mini bus drivers here are always drunk and always doing something crazy in their driving!!  So yeah Anyway everyone have a great week there enjoy all the sports and the games and the week and I love you all have a great Monday!!


Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment