Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, November 3, 2014

More Baptisms...

Hello Family,

The week here has been a good one and the work continues to progress!!  So this week was good because we had two baptisms on Sunday and they were awesome I will send pics of them!!  Anyway they are 20 and 24 their names are Chitoshi and Kennedy they are awesome boys and they will be good!!  The baptism for them went well they were baptized by their uncle and grandfather so it was pretty cool!!  It is gaining on a long time in this area and it is getting better as well!!  If all goes according to plan we could have some more baptisms at least 3 or 4 before the end of the year so it is awesome!!  We will be having a zone conference again coming up the next week on Wednesday I think, so it will be interesting to see!!  Also next week there will be some kind of a service for our zone!!  Other than this the weeks are the same but moving very fast and things like that!!  So I haven’t mention much about the 50th year of independence so I will talk briefly about that!!

On the 50th Independence Day all the elders had a party in which we were able to go play basketball!!  This is the awesome part because when we showed up to play we had an African crowd that was about 100 people or so it was pretty awesome to play ball again!!  It was also awesome because I am able to dunk, I dunked it several times during the game and it was pretty cool the reaction that I was getting from the crowd afterward!!  I wish I could go play every week but it costs a lot of money to go play there but it was still fun to play and I figured out That I could still play even after 8 months of not playing!!  After ball we went and had a cook out which lasted for a while we basically partied missionary style haha!!  We grilled all sorts of meats and one elder made pizza!!  it was a pretty fun day!!

Me and the companion Elder Ford are doing well!!  We are still getting along and we are working real well together, it is too bad that he is just waiting for a visa!!  The weather is still blazing hot down here but these people keep telling me that the rains are coming and I can’t ever tell if they are telling me that to make me feel better or they are telling me the truth!!  Winter is actually not till June and July next year!!  So i will be waiting for that but i think by that time I will have climatized!  I will get the photos of this week to you and some things!!  I heard about the fiasco with the jail it is pretty funny and interesting especially about the small guy hahaha!!  Also tell Nate his pumpkin looks awesome!!

Other than all of this, say hi to all that I have not written to or replied!!  I hope that everyone will have a good week and things will go well!!  I love you all and Have a great Monday!!!


Elder Welling









No comments:

Post a Comment