Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Work is Picking Up in the Area...

Hello Family!!

The week has been good and it has gone by really fast but all in all it was a really good week!!  I have no clue how much longer I will be with my companion but we will see as time goes forward!!  Yes I have received the birthday package thank you the jerky was still the favorite thing and I like the cd’s a lot I listen to them quite often!!  I decided to wait to open the cards till the birthday but I am working on the food!!  The name of the woman is Ramon Moomba and the sister to her not sure her name, but the African boy is named Tabby he is pretty cool to work with!!  It has been pretty fun here lately the area has picked up and is doing a lot better than it was before so we are pretty excited to keep working!!  We have two baptisms coming up next week and even after that week there should be another one if all goes according to plan!!  I am also really happy because the area that I am in is supposedly the hardest area in the mission and hopefully before they transfer me we should have completed 5 baptisms!!  The last baptism’s in the branch was a year before I arrived in the mission so it is pretty nice to see the area pick up!!  

The general authority was awesome and yes it was a very spiritual experience to be in the same room, but even to shake his hand!!  It was also even better because he was in Africa and in the church building here!!  It is the first general authority to be here in Zambia for a while!!  It was pretty cool!!  I have not heard a lot on the Ebola virus here but I have heard of it spreading all over Africa!!  It is not something that worries me though.  Malaria is the virus that I am focused on not getting!!  Plus God won’t allow the missionaries to be affected by that! That is why two full missions were completely moved out and put in other missions so that they did not contract the virus!!  Anyway Christmas is coming up and I am excited to talk to everybody and things like that.  It will be fun, I might even call the grandparents and things too!!  I will get some extra time to do that!!! 

Other than this it sounds like everyone there is having fun with school and trips and baptisms and things!!  Wish i could come and be a part of Halloween especially the doughnuts that i am sure are being made!!  I don’t know if it is possible to preserve them for six weeks but you should try, I will miss those!!  I am also letting everybody know that i am dressing up as a missionary this year and giving the people instead of trick or treat it is gospel or gospel!!  hahaha  Anyway i hope that everything is going well there and that all will be good for the upcoming week!!  Love all of you have a great day!!!


Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment