Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, November 17, 2014

The Rain is Coming...

Hey Family,

Well the week here has been really good and things are going well!!  Africa specifically Zambia is really hot and very humid!!  If it rains you stay wet until evening!!  The rain here is cool and it comes down!!  I always use to hear about the rains of Africa well haha they were not kidding when they say it comes down it really comes down!!  Me and my awesome companion Elder Ford were walking down the street with a few ugly looking rain clouds and some blue sky!!  Well as we were walking I told my comp " No worries it won’t rain" Well about 2 min goes by and a huge drop hits my comp!!  He turns to me and says are you sure!!  Well then all of a sudden we both can hear the pattering of the rain behind us and realize that the rain is going to hit us, we took off running at top speed toward shelter!!  It was pretty funny considering we are in white shirts and ties and running down the street and the rain chasing us!!  Then right after we hit shelter the Hail started hitting and they were the size of a quarter they were huge it was way loud!! 

There were no baptisms this week but there are two coming on the 30th of this month so I am excited for those!!  Also It feels like it is still the middle of the year they do not celebrate Thanksgiving over here and there is definitely no snow on the ground!!  So for the hot weather people Zambia is the place to be but i wish that some of that white stuff could fall here!!  Mom mentioned that some parts of Wyoming are hitting 20 below, I would kill for that here but if it happened here everyone that is living would die!!  I also really give kudos to the kids that are in school here they wear long sleeve button up shirts and sweaters over them to school as their uniform and I look at them and think why?

Anyway as I was reading emails I came across some interesting things!!  Thank you for the recipe i am going to try it this week!!  Also just a note to mom and dad, you guys might want to pray that Santa brings Kaden an xbox he obviously really wants one hahaha  The comp is still good and we are still getting along real well in all that we are doing!!  Well District leader is pretty good and fun I will eventually get used to all the things that are going on and that pertain to the call!!  Oh and it is quite funny here there are a lot of people who always say that they are going to the mountain to pray, Well I figured out that the mountain that is being talked about is a tiny hill probably no taller than half way up the hill that we sit on over looking the little jenny ranch where we go hunting!!  It is a small hill and these people here call it a mountain!!  I just started laughing because these people have never seen what a mountain looks like!!
So I need someone to check on the international driver’s license for me the one they gave me at AAA I think only lasts for a year and could be getting close to expiring so if you could go see if it can be renewed and send it to me please!!  It is so if they call me to be Zone leader i will need a license!!  There is nothing that was really that good this week that is interesting but I am hoping to have some better ones for this upcoming week!!  Also for the Drop box thing I am using it and some of the pics I took at the beginning of the mission will be the ones that are coming in because it started from the beginning downloading so we will see how far it gets!!  District conference is coming up so that should be pretty fun and all!!  Anyway have a good week to and a great Monday Love you all!!


Elder Welling


No comments:

Post a Comment