Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Things are going well...

Hello Family,

Africa is still awesome and things are going pretty well other than the heat!!  I am sorry to hear that mom is sick and that the football team lost!!  It is too bad we can’t get a win against Gillette It is ok though Evanston holds the most state titles out of the two schools for basketball in the last few years!!  The work is good and there are many that are making progress!!  Oh don’t worry if I get transferred just send stuff to the mission home and it will get to me!!!  No Facebook pics they take just as long to upload so it is hard to get all of them up but I am talking to some people to see how I can do it faster!!!  I am hoping they move me to a different area but we shall see what will happen!!!  Yes my companion is going to Uganda, but I will at least have another month with him so it will be ok!!!  Also I pulled some money off card so I could dry clean suit and do some other things with it!!  Tell Jordan I said Hi back and tell him congratulations for me!!!  I am now 6 months and it is crazy to think that it went by so quick; people here say the next year goes by even faster so it will be interesting to see if it is true!!!

The fall weather sounds nice and I wish there could be some of that down here for a change!!  I unfortunately am getting use to the heat so we will see how it goes when I get back!!  Um the phone thing that mom was talking about I don’t care what happens that phone is a lot of money and I don’t know if Kaden should use it for his first phone!!  As long as the music is preserved I don’t care but if the music is gone when I get back there might be a problem with me!!!  Uh I am glad though everyone is doing pretty well at school and that things are starting to get good!!  I missed the hunting meeting for the first time in I think 8 years but it is ok I hope it was fun!!!  Anyway I would appreciate it if the bullets that I bought the Barnes ones were not used for the ones that Kaden will be using!!!

That game that is going around the high school is sad!!  It is too bad that some of them could be LDS!!  I mean it is nothing new though it was going around when I was there but they were not making a game out of it!!!  I hope that they are able to fix it and get on with their lives though!!  Anyway I hope mom gets feeling better and that everyone will have a good week!!!  I know I don’t write as much as I should but I am running out of things to say!!  The comp is good and he is learning English and getting better but Somebody knew that I needed to work on my patience hahaha  Training is going good and it will continue to be good till I finish!!

There is a general authority coming this Saturday so it should be pretty awesome to listen from him and see what he has to say!!  Hopefully he will tell us some things that will be helpful to us as missionaries!!!  Anyway it is pretty good and all is going well here!!  I hope all things will be good there and let me know how the week will go!!  Love you guys and have a great week!!!


Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment