Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, April 28, 2014

I Am Taller Than My Bed....

Hey Family

I am going to try and say everything I can in this email.  I am still doing well here and the weather has improved, we have entered winter months and it is still hot down here, all my friends are throwing on coats and beanies and stuff and when I don’t,  I am getting these weird looks from people like I am crazy!!  I just laugh haha!!  The water here is fine the mission office purifies the water for us so we are good there!!  No, I have not seen any vitamins so no I have not been able to buy any!!  I can say that I have one heck of a farmers tan though haha!!   I have now eaten a whole fish tail, bones, and even the head with the eyes!!  To be honest it was not bad it was actually ok haha  My shoes are good and are holding up well I bought some shoe polish to help maintain them a little better!!  I have not yet received that package yet but I am waiting for it with all eagerness!!  I don't have too many experiences this time that I am going to put down!!  Dad it looks like you have some fun times coming up especially being able to speak hahaha!!  That is cool that Nicole and Luke are going to be sealed that is awesome!!  I have been keeping in contact with all my friends even Parker and they are all doing well!! 

I am glad that dad enjoyed the baseball game, but to be honest I have never liked it. They took us to one on the national jamboree trip and I got bored after the first inning haha.  I hope hats off to Broadway goes well and it is a success.  Record it for me so I can watch Kaden and Caleb!!  My Training takes 12 weeks so I still have 5 to go but it is ok because I love my trainer!!  The President does not do transfers here normally; people here said that some of them have been in the same area for 7 months, so we will see.  I have now killed 21 spiders in my flat which is a house, and this morning I found another big friend in our kitchen.  He is a fast one I have tried 3 times now to catch him and dispose of him.  He is a smart one!!  I did read those scripture passages that Dad gave me thank you and thanks Mom for the quotes!! Yes I have to sleep in a bug net and it sucks because the bed and the net are a foot shorter than me so my feet hang off the bed really far!!  I have had to put my suit case at the end of the bed so that my feet can lay on something!!  It is good to hear from you guys and I hope everything goes well this week for you!!  I will send some pics of these spiders haha!! Anyway Love you guys


Elder Welling  

No comments:

Post a Comment