Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, April 21, 2014

It's Very Cold Man..... No this is Hot.....

Hey Family,

I am doing great here in Zambia.  The work is awesome and I am doing great!!  I had an ok Easter, It’s definitely is not like home but it is ok!!  I got up went to church and then we did some teaching that is about how everyday goes except for Mondays.  I have not watched conference yet but it should be here this week!!  The homesickness is not bad but I am definitely dealing with it well!!  I have decided that the work itself is not the hard part about missions it is the stress factor.  The physical aspect of the work is easy but the mind and spirituality of the work is the hardest!!  Anyway I ate dried caterpillars again this week and it is ok because I am starting to make them apart of my regular diet haha.  I have not yet received the package but I want it to come soon!!  When it arrives I will tell you what I got!!  
I had a pretty cool experience this week!! I was in a lesson with a guy that was investigating the church and we had a lesson on the restoration and why we don’t worship Joseph Smith.  I can say that both me and my companion didn’t know what had happened but you could see the guy search his feelings about the message and we could definitely feel a strong presence there.  It was a pretty cool thing.  I am definitely keeping a journal and things to help ease feelings!!  So it isn’t too bad!!  I am in a moderate area some poor some rich it varies in some cases.  We walk everywhere and the winter months are almost here!!  
My companion and I walk outside every day and he turns to me and says it’s very cold man!!  I just turn and look at him and say man this is a hot summer day where I come from haha!! It is quite funny!!  I hope you guys have had a great Easter and they don’t really celebrate it here like we do so it was different.  I have killed 3 spiders this week and I even got my big friend that lived in our bathroom. Anyway I hope you guys have a good week and all will be well!!  I am getting over the homesickness now and it is getting better!! Love you guys!!!


Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment