Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, May 5, 2014

Bonus Week.... Two Letters...

Hello Family,

I hope you guys are doing well and everything there is going great!!  I have had a great week and have done a lot of things!!  It is still hot down here and not getting very cold I am dying down here!!  The food is not scarce but I ate the whole fish because my companion and the members were and yes it was very crunchy but still good!!  I am glad hats off went well and that everything is now finally over!!  I am sure they were great performances and all the people did well!!  It was cool to hear about Katie’s experience she will remember that for the rest of her life!!  I am glad to see that you guys like the spiders I probably kill two or more a day now!! The weather is getting colder and they are coming in a lot more now!!  I see the Skidmore’s on a regular basis and they are a very nice couple!!  I will just be calling next Sunday and I will try to make it before church or after I am not really sure but either way I do it, it will be hard to catch all of you together!! I will try to make it at about 4-5 my time which translates to about 7-8am for you guys if that will work!!  

We do quite a bit of service down here, this week we went to a persons home to perform some work and the service was to move a huge pile of dirt from where it was to another place up a hill a ways.  There are 4 sister missionaries and 4 elders in our district, when we all got there we looked at the pile of dirt and said there is no way we are going to move all this dirt today.  For some reason, I just said let’s just do it.  I ran the wheel barrow because the sisters were not strong enough and a few of the elders were complaining, so I just did it.  Anyway we worked really hard and finished the project and we were able to get the whole pile moved, it was an amazing feeling to know when you put aside our own problems and give service, we can accomplish anything.

The people down here are hard but we are continuing to teach them and to do all we can to bring them to the church so we will see how it will go!!  It slipped my mind when I told you about the bed situation but the doorways in our flat are too low also and I have to duck under all of them or I hit my head on all of them!!  Today will be really fun because we are finally able to play on a full size soccer field instead of a short little one and things!!  It is kind of funny down here because these people refer to themselves as the N word including my companion and every time I hear it I have a hard time not laughing at them!!  It is really quite interesting down here to see all the cultures and things that people have!!  The work is still going forward and everything is going great I will tell you a lot more things when I call this Sunday!!  Anyway I love you guys have a great week!!!

Elder Welling

  
Hallo ,
Sister welling i hope you are doing fine and the rest of the family. my name is Eriya Mwambu am a Ugandan from a family of 7. am the 3rd born of the five children in our family. i joined the church in 2011 while attending high school . just in the very year as my testimony of the restored gospel kept on budding, i shared with my mom about these truths. she later joined the church in November 2012 along side all my 4 sister . my dad is not a member and has choosen not to be so ...i hope he will come along when that time comes! i am 10 months on mission.  i love playing football. i was happy to meet elder welling whom we share the same hobby. all americans mostly like basketball but wooo...his just intrestingly different and his football is so much promising!.. i plan to join the army home as soon as i can. after mission....i am greatful for your mail and most especially all that i have read from your family especially Kaden and Caleb...i pray you have a cheery week. 

with love

Elder Mwambu

No comments:

Post a Comment