Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, July 6, 2015

Two Letters this Week...

Hey Family!!!
All things are going good here and things are well!!  This week has flown by well actually since I hit Malawi it seems as if time is speeding and it is really weird!!!  I mean it will be nice to be home but I am going to miss this place a lot!!!  We taught a lot of people this week and we had 9 investigators at church which was awesome!!!  We will be also having a baptism this next week for a guy here who is really powerful!!!!  All things will be good for him!!!  I was also able to play soccer again this week which I am really enjoying, these natives are really good and I am getting better!!!  I also played one on one with the branch missionary I won haha 5 to 1 He didn’t think I could play so I challenged him to play me!!!  All went well this week though!!!
Oh and Dad the people here do that to friends and cousins and older people they call them dad, mom, uncle, aunt it makes things personal and better for them even me, I call older people now here mom and dad because it is the culture here and that is how the people like it!!!  Yes I paid pretty close attention to things when I was young and I am using that knowledge to help but I have also used the hand book of instruction to assist as well!!!  So all things will be going good here they just have to get use to all the things that they have to do!!!  There is a really nice senior couple here called the Stones they stay in vernal a very nice people yes Vernal Utah they come home in December and things I will get you the ward and time so you could visit them when they come home they are a really nice couple and just like the Skidmores!!!  That would be cool!!!!
Haha it sounds very funny that those boys threw it away because they spilled beans in there hahaha what were they thinking lol I should have been there because I would have been laughing the whole time!!!!  I will work on the pic thing but it is difficult on these computers and also for the network to get those things downloaded but I’ll work on it!!!  I hope all will be going well there this week though and people will enjoy.  I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend and all went well!!  Also to my Only Sister have a happy birthday this week hope it is a good one!!!!  Hi to all the family as well have a good week and a great Monday Love you all!!!!
Elder Welling

Hey Mom,

So thought I would write you here and answer some of the questions this week so I don’t forget them when I write the other one!!!  Anyway that first question I am doing just fine thank you for asking but don’t worry about me the Lord takes better care of me on a mission than anywhere else!!!  Also being a Boy Scout and things has taught me many things in leadership and how to survive no matter where I am and what the environment is!!!!  Also from hunting and figuring out landscapes and things anyway!!!  I don’t have to worry even if we get stranded I know what to do and who to turn too!!!  Just the other day me and the comp were walking and we had walked for quite some time well the comp is from Africa and he said well which way do we go and I was able to point out exactly where we could find home where to find church where we could find town and the best possible route to take to each location!!!  Tying knots and certain things to hold things together and things like that.  We Build fires here because sometime the power goes out and we have to cook on coal or fire so it has helped and I am not afraid of anywhere that I go because I can survive!!!  I am glad the 4th was typically good like it always is haha.  But yes most likely I will finish the mission herein Malawi!!!!  Elder Cook also told us something interesting when he was here as well!!!  He said to have progressing investigators and members and branches you have to be progressing missionaries!!!  Which hit us all hard in order for us to progress others we ourselves need to be progressing every day and time!!!  I thought it was a way cool insight!!!  Things come line upon line and precept upon precept not all at once!!!  Time is for sure running fast and I can’t believe how fast it is going for sure!!!  It will be gone shortly but all will be for the good here!!!  Have a good week Mom Love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment