Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Training New Companion...

Hi Family,

Well the week was great and all has been going good!!!  The new companion is good and he is shorter than usual and big!!  His name is Elder Bakari and I am training him!!!  He doesn’t speak English very well so they asked me to teach him and help him with English as well!!!!  He is a different character than Elder Mwambu!!!  I got Elder Mwambu his suit and it looks awesome!!  I was actually thinking on just switching him suits haha!!  It is a really nice suit, when I get the card reader working I will send pics!!  Brother Bongani has now been baptized and confirmed it was sweet!!  I didn’t do the confirmation but it was ok it was still cool!!  The work is pretty hard when you are training but I think I can manage!!  There are not really any crazy stories going on here but soccer is definitely high level down here so it is awesome to be able to play!!  The weather down here is pretty hot and getting hotter!!  We will see how things go as time goes on!!!  As of right now everyone that I know and have seen is getting transferred to Malawi!!  So it is getting hard with all these new faces!!!

I love the card board cut out haha it was weird seeing myself there but I wasn’t really there!!  All those pics are very funny and I wish I could have been there!!  It doesn’t make me homesick too bad; I will get over it, I am more homesick about what is coming in two months!!!  Everyone knows what that is!!  Anyway it looks like everybody had a fun time and I wish I could have been a part of the fish catching phenomenon that would have been awesome!!!  From what I can tell, Caleb put on a fish catching clinic and Kaden showed everyone up haha!!!  I say well done to the two little bros for their skills!!  I will give a little credit to the father baiting the fish and catching them as they come in!!!  hahaha  The pic with me and Jeff in the porta potty is not cool haha I don’t go to the bathroom with another man for that matter hahaha  I like the super hero one it is pretty awesome!!!  It isn’t the same seeing everyone there and I am not there!! 

Anyway, what all is happening there other than the reunion!!  haha I know that I shouldn’t ask, but when is the first elk meeting?  haha I am documenting this very carefully!!!  Tell everyone that I said hi and that I hope they are all doing well!!  I know I don’t write a lot and I am sorry but I try to get everything out in a short time!! Plus I am really lazy in writing things too!!  So I am sorry for that!!  To be honest about the pen it sounds very nice and I wish I could have you send it but Jay got me that nice pen before I left and i think I will finish with this one!!  So save it for me and I will use it when I get home!!  I will say my zone leader is from Idaho and loves the same things as me!!  Especially hunting we spent a whole pday talking about how we were going to miss the hunting seasons and stuff like that!!  Have a great week family and love you all, oh mom if you could send deodorant that would be nice here they just use the spray stuff in place of the deodorant and it is really weird thanks!!!  Love you all!!!!


Elder Welling


 Elder Welling, Elder Mwambu, Elder Packer (AP)



Purchasing New Beds with Elder Skidmore

No comments:

Post a Comment