Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, August 18, 2014

Training Goes On...

Hey Family,

I hope everything is going ok and everything will start to slow down!!  Time rushes I can definitely see!!!  To start, yes I know the elder that mom has mentioned I saw him last pday he is cool not quite as tall as me but yes I saw him and he is doing well!!  Anyway my companion Elder Bakari is cool he is an awesome guy and loves the gospel!!!  His language is Swahili, something like that don’t kill me for spelling!!  He does not speak too good of English but he will learn.  I am in a flat with three Africans I am the only white guy there hahahha!!!  He has cooked and he cooks nice!!  The food here is good and now I am used to it, so it is ok!!!  Um I have not cooked too many things since he came, but I think the house that I am staying in, likes the cakes that I can make from scratch!!!  If you could give me a frosting recipe that would be awesome!!!

For the package um just the same brownies I really like the jerky and anything else you can think of!!  I also have a request for my birthday and Christmas!!  We play a lot of soccer down here and they have cleats that are really nice for only like $60 which is awesome so I was wondering if I could use some of that money for some cleats to play in, the bball shoes I brought are not helping!!  Anyway we had a recently baptized person get the Aaronic priesthood it was awesome to see!!  We are working on a lot of people right now but it is harder than usual because my companion only bears his testimony in English he can’t quite teach yet!!!  Other than this the work is going good!!!

Dad you talked about that group that has some church songs and some good music could maybe I get some of those songs in the next package you send me!!  That would be cool!!  Anyways I am going to just start uploading the photos onto Facebook it is easier and faster so if you can have someone get them off of there and put them on the blog that would be fun!!  I hope you all had fun school shopping and it kind of sucks that school is starting but right now I wish I was there because it is getting hotter here and there you will be heading into some cold weather!!!  I don’t know if I have answered all the questions but I hope I got most of them!!!  I don’t know why there hasn’t been money taken out that seems odd most of it should have when i bought the suit!!  That is cool that the younger guys get to play tackle I am sure Caleb looks funny!!  Tell them I say Hi!!!  Anyway I think that is all I have for this week guys have a great day and a great week!!  Love you all!!!


Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment