Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Work Is Progressing...

Hello Family!!

I am doing well and yes I am still loving my mission!!  It is going by a lot faster than expected though!!  Anyway I am still not transferred so I might get to still see all these people get baptized it will be fun!! I am excited because there are a lot of people that are starting to open up and listen to the gospel!!  It is fun watching people progress also, especially when they figure out for themselves of the truthfulness of the gospel!!  The days are starting to turn into weeks and it is weird how fast everything is going!!  It is weird to hear how everyone is doing back there and how they are growing!!  I am still with the same companion but that is ok he is one of the coolest guys ever!!  Especially when he puts on those Hollywood glasses he wears!!

Anyway I hope you guys are having fun as I can see through all the emails I have been getting!!  Lagoon sounded fun, wish I could have gone!!  All these reunions that are coming up and it is weird to be missing all of them, but in turn it is ok!!  I don’t have too many stories to tell or experiences same old mission work going on here!!  Although it is starting to head towards the hotter months of the year and I am starting to die here!!  I wish they had air conditioning here!!  Unfortunately this weather sucks but the work is still good!! 

Yes the package was awesome the cookies were still intact and none of the bottles were leaking!!!  I didn’t know there was a recipe in the boxes but I made syrup by guessing and surprisingly it worked well and tasted almost as good as home!!  The jerky disappeared and yes I shared but not too much of it!!  I am not lying when I say I ate both packages within 6 hours it was cool!!  I hope you all are having fun with the families and that all of you will have a good week!!  Love all of you!!!


Elder Welling 

No comments:

Post a Comment