Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, April 13, 2015

More Baptisms and Pigs Feet....

Hello Family!!

Things are going really well this week and things have been fun I will get some of the pics to you so that they can be put up!!!  This week has been fun and interesting for sure!!!  We have had a lot of interesting things happen!!!  Well first off the baptism was good and we had two confirmations this week I baptized both of them and confirmed one of them it was pretty awesome!!!  The taller one is the one i confirmed!!!  It was a pretty good week and I have enjoyed it!!!!  The companion is doing well and is getting better and will be ready to do things on his own by the end of the training!!!  He was really happy when he was able to get a camera!!!  So it was nice to be able to see that!!  He never sets it down now!!!  Then after that we are getting ready for the baptisms to be upcoming in the coming weeks!!!  

We went and had dinner at the Branch Presidents house this week and it was a really interesting meal for sure!!!  First the branch president turns to me and says "Elder Do you eat pork"?   At first I said of course I do I love meat!!!  Well, what came next was a bit surprising it was not the meat at all, it was the feet of the pigs!!!  Boiled in the soup!!!  It was really weird texture and the inside of the hoof was rubbery but it ran down the throat as if it were slime I about threw up but finished it luckily!!!  I can tell you that I will eat anything you put in front of me but I will say that this meal is the one thing that is going to stop me.  I did not like this one!!!!  hahaha  I hope next time they ask if I like pork that it is the meat part of it and not the hoof!!!!  

The new elders in the flatte are good and are doing well here, I think they are enjoying!!!  They are good missionaries and are getting the work done in the area that they are supposed to!!! The Zone is good as well as the district and things so I am not too worried about anything right now but we will see!!!!  Anyway about the malaria thing, I don’t sleep in a bug net as of now and probably won’t but I have been taking the malaria pills like they are candy!!!  So i am pretty sure that will keep it from getting me on my mission!!!  Plus I put the fan on high position and make it blow on my face all night so the mosquitos can’t fly through it!!!!  Also the net is bothering me because it only fits the bed and I am a little longer than the bed!!!  I think I should be ok though we will see!!!  But no worries on the malaria pill it is being taken religiously all the time!!!!  

It is good now because the cold season is setting in and I am excited for it.  I am tired of the heat and ready for it to be cool all the time here!!!!  People are starting to bring back the heavy coats and things and it is really funny to think how they would feel if they were placed in Evanston for a while!!!  hahaha  Other than this, things are going pretty well here so there is not much more to tell!!!  Have a good week to all though and Love to all!!!!!!


Elder Welling

 Elder Maele
 Elder Welling, Mike Macubelo, Ramone Kasonde, Elder Maele

 Elder Welling, Mike Macubelo, Ramone Kasonde, Elder Maele

 Mike Macubelo and Ramone Kasonde











No comments:

Post a Comment