Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, November 9, 2015

Things are going well....

Hey Family
I hope all is going well this week and things are going good!!!  For us here we are doing well and having a great time in teaching people and helping them to the best of our abilities to come to the knowledge of the truth!!!  This week was pretty slow because we had interviews this week which was pretty good and also a lot of meetings that we had to attend to so not as many people were seen but this week we are hoping to hit a lot more people than the last week!!!  The comp and I are doing well and having a great time together in what we are doing!!!  It is too bad that he is possibly leaving in the upcoming week or two if the visa is going to be ready i actually enjoy him!!!  His training is going well and is going fast the past 3 months have flown by and I am not sure where the time is going and things it is fast!!!  We are getting ready to have an awesome baptism on this upcoming week that I am really excited for!!!
His name is Vincent, a great guy really he was born haha in 1937 and is quite old but has a strong abiding testimony of the gospel and will be baptized next Sunday I am excited!!!  Just a side not if I haven’t said anything already he has read the BOM three times almost a 4th and knows the story of Joseph Smith backward and forward!!  he was told by a former member of the church one day to burn the BOM and to read a pamphlet by the Christs Embassy church here and funny enough he told us this and then he handed me the pamphlet of the church and said Can you read this for me tell me what it says and then burn it hahaha something like that it happened some weeks ago but it was funny!!! Really a great guy and I can’t wait and then after him we will have another baptism I think by the end of this month as well which will be awesome for sure!!!
Sounds like things are going good there besides the negative things but those are to be expected haha there is an opposition in all things !!! The holidays just are not the same as they are there because down here they don’t do much of anything except Christmas and even then there is not much!!!  It will be hard to leave here though especially the branch and the friends I have made here and things as the time nears I can feel the time is soon at hand to leave them and it will be sad because all of them have become very close to me and things!!!  Anyway I hope things will be good there this week and good luck to all the sporting events that are going on and have a great Monday Love you all!!!

Elder Welling     

No comments:

Post a Comment