Elder Colton Mikal Welling, called to serve in the Zambia Lusaka, Africa Mission. Entered the MTC, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. We are so proud of you and we are so excited for the awesome adventures you are about to embark on. Love you!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Still Going Strong...

Hello Family,

I am doing really well and I am enjoying the place here!!  This last week has been good I have been having fun teaching and getting people ready to be baptized!!  We have two that will be baptized this week and it will be awesome when it happens!!!!  The new companion is doing really good and is getting better at teaching and different things like that!!  He will continue to get better though over the course of the upcoming weeks!!  We are meeting tons of new people and definitely becoming good friends!!  Also this week someone who apparently had a dad die here came from West Jordan Utah so I got to meet him this week and know him!!  He is from West Jordan so it was really weird to see someone who was in Utah here!!  

Anyway All is going well though and I am not sure if you have sent the package with the books or not but the package that I have just gotten this week was awesome especially the huge snickers if they still are making those I would love another one of those and yes by the way it is already gone I ate it all haha it was awesome!!  Anyway thank you for the things that are in there The summer sausage was really good as well have not had one of those in a long time!!  It was good to get that thank you!!  The retainers work well and I am now using them it was tough for the last couple of nights because my teeth were moving back but now it is all in place and doing well!!

There are a lot of things that are happening this side but all is good!!  The missionaries that had typhoid are doing well and are getting better!!  The symptoms are a lot like flu but amplified and it looks like you are going to die when you have it but it is just because the body is weak!!  It is not transmitted through being around the person it is given from someone who prepared food and had poop or pee on their hands it isn’t a pretty picture to have but that is probably how he got it!!  They are better though and doing well!!  It sounds like everyone had a good time at state it is too bad that Alek had to be sick his year at state and that they lost to Gillette I hate that team with a passion as well!!  

It sounds like the dance teams have done pretty well this year as well as cheer that is really good!!  No offense to anyone in those sports but I always thought it was a little long and boring!!  But it is good that they did well!!  I didn’t take too many photos this week so we will see how it goes in the upcoming one!!  I don’t give one word answers to people that email me I give just about as long as the one I received so it is all good!!  I am sorry that I don’t write a lot I just do not like to type and put all the little details of things in it!!  It is a guy thing because all the missionaries here that I am with do the same!!  Anyway have a good week and love you all talk to you next week!!


Elder Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment